Heineken N.V., located at Tweede Weteringplantsoen 21, 1017 ZD Amsterdam, the Netherlands (“HEINEKEN” or “we” or “us”) is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website dedicated to the HEINEKEN Company (the “Website”). HEINEKEN respects your privacy and is committed to keeping your Personal Data secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
2. What Personal Data We Collect and How We Use your Personal Data
You can use the majority of our Website without being required to provide any Personal Data to us. For certain services or activities you will need to provide Personal Data for us to be able to provide you the requested service or product or for you to participate in the activity. Requested information on the Website marked with an asterisk is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you or you cannot participate in the activity. In addition to information you are required to provide to us in order to participate in activities/campaigns, we collect certain information when you visit our Website.
- information when you contact us;
If you visit our Website and have a question or other remark, you can submit our Contact Form. You will be asked to provide your name and email address and obviously information about your request. We will only use this information to respond to your question. We will register your requests, questions and our responses and other actions to handle your request. We will retain all information for 6 months after your question or complaint has been solved or the inquiry was closed.
- information about your visit to and use of our Website;
We collect certain information when you visit our Website, such as your IP address, which web pages you visit, device category, browser, and type of internet browser, clicks and views. We use this Personal Data as it is necessary in our legitimate interests to do so to be able to promote our products and services to our consumers and website visitors, to enable us to attract more consumers and to improve the sale of our products and services. We will retain the Personal Data for a maximum of 14 months.
- marketing; if you subscribe, we will send you newsletters. You can always opt-out of receiving our newsletter and you can always object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (for more information about how to do this, read the paragraphs below). We use this Personal Data with your consent. We will delete your Personal Data when you opt-out of receiving our newsletter.
- maintenance and optimisation of our Website; Your Personal Data will also be used for maintenance and analysis of our Website to solve performance issues, to improve the availability and user experience. We log all use of our Website.
Our use of your Personal Data for these purposes is necessary in our legitimate interests and the information will be retained for a maximum period of 14 months The logs of the use of our Website will be deleted within 14 months after creation.
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
We may need to share Personal Data with third parties to help us provide services and products to you and to run our Website. These third parties are:
- HEINEKEN group companies if another affiliate is best suited to answer a question you have posted on the Website
- HEINEKEN group companies for the purpose of storing Personal Data processed via the Website, due to shared IT systems
- service providers where this is needed to provide us with a service and to provide data analytics services
- media agencies for marketing purposes and research purposes
- in case HEINEKEN sells all or some of the assets or shares of a HEINEKEN group company to which Personal Data was transferred to a third party, your Personal Data may be provided to this third party.
These parties may be located in the European Union or other countries in the European Economic Area or elsewhere in the world. When Personal Data is stored by us outside the EEA we will ensure an adequate level of protection of the transferred Data. We require service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
We may also need to provide Personal Data to law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order.
4. Security of Personal Data
We will take appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data collected through the Website from misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition or access, that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
5. Retention of Your Personal Data
7. Social Media
You may choose to share information on our Website via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. This means that the information you share, with name and preferences, shall be visible to visitors of your personal pages. We advise you to carefully read the privacy policies of the social media parties as these are applicable to the processing of your Personal Data by these parties.
8. Children’s Privacy
The Website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 (or the applicable legal age for consuming the products in question). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18.
9. Your Rights to Access, Rectification, Deletion, Restriction and Data Portability
You have the right to request an overview of your Personal Data processed by or on behalf of us. You have the right to have your Data rectified, deleted or restricted (as appropriate). You can exercise this right by contacting this webform with a data privacy request. Please note that requests that do not meet the requirements set out by applicable law or HEINEKEN guidelines may be requested to be re-issued or ultimately denied and that certain Personal Data may be exempt from such access, rectification and deletion requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations. Please note that you can also delete Personal Data by de-activating your user, however we will retain Personal Data where it is legally required for us to do so, which applies e.g. to sales administration.
You have the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and in certain circumstances we will, at your request, transmit your Data to another controller where this is technically feasible.
10. Your Right to Object
You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your Personal Data, but where we have compelling legitimate grounds, we will continue processing your Personal Data. However, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling, and when you do so, we will accommodate your request. Where you have provided consent to our use of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent without this effecting the lawfulness of our use of this Data before your withdrawal.